Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gun Slinger

Luke recently got his concealed weapons permit (don't worry, he doesn't carry heat ALL the time) and has been dying to get a hand gun. He bought one just over a week ago so we went out Saturday with his brothers (Kortnee and Nick came too) to do some target practice. Now, I grew up shooting rifles and shotguns but have never really felt comfortable around hand guns, because honestly I had never used one. So Saturday I got some lessons- I am not good at all, so it will take a lot of practice, but I feel a lot more comfortable having a gun in my house now that I know how to use it. Mainly that I know how to use it safely. I also want to point out that I have really improved my shotgun shooting skills. I hit almost every clay pigeon I aimed at!

1 comment:

Weight Family said...

Jay really wants to get his too! Maybe he should chat with Luke.